Business Development Manager: Life Sciences
About Omega Optical Holdings
Omega Optical Holdings is a leading precision optics platform whose brands design and manufacture precision optical filters, coatings, diffractive optics, and infrared components to enable mission-critical applications for global OEM customers in a wide range of industries, including life sciences, environmental monitoring, aerospace, defense, semiconductor, and more.
We value Precision, Collaboration and Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Integrity, and Growth Opportunities for our employees.
This new position to the Omega Optical Holdings Platform will be responsible and accountable for new business capture in the Life Science market across our Platform. The ideal candidate should be comfortable researching this specific market, developing business partnerships, providing the technical and sales expertise necessary to translate customer needs into orders, generating bookings, developing, and maintaining customer accounts, achieving individual sales goals, making onsite customer visits, suggesting marketing materials, and attending trade shows.
Initial duties are likely to include:
- Learning the full product offering of the various Divisions under Omega Optical Holdings, LLC
- Onsite visits to each manufacturing facility
- Developing and communicating to Senior Management a business development plan to include Life Science customers, programs, key contacts and messages
- Reviewing marketing materials and suggesting any changes necessary to adapt the key messaging strategy
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics or equivalent based upon demonstrated experience. MBA or business degree can be a plus.
- Extensive experience in the Life Science space is strongly desired- with in-depth knowledge of the industry and especially its product development and manufacturing processes.
- Proven sales excellence capabilities and knowledge of best practices related to all aspects of sales management (objective setting, lead generation, pipeline management, bid management, solution sales, contract negotiation…) Embracing digital tools when needed (CRM).
- Possesses relationships with technical (optical design and manufacturing) contacts with Life Science OEM’s, boutique optical design firms, and relevant Contract Manufacturers
- Knowledge of Life Science instrumentation, such as Flow Cytometers, PCR, and Gene Sequencing machines. Can describe system architecture, critical components for performance, and translate this into a map of potential components to sell for existing and future programs
- Driven and willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent organization and time management
- Confident in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Outstanding communication, presentation and active-listening skills
- Remains curious and gets to the bottom of whatever they are presented with
- High Integrity, possessing the highest ethics and professionalism, delivering what is committed to, on time and in the form agreed upon.
- Self-motivated and is an energized results-oriented doer and leader
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a Key Member within the platform, this person will be responsible for sales growth across all the divisions, primarily in the Life Science Industry. Including:
- Sales Management activities including forecasting and sales reporting
- Provide the required input and insights to the marketing and product management functions- where applicable, providing leadership to or help with the execution of Life Science specific marketing activities.
- As the head of Business Development for the Life Science business funnel, responsibility for the further market penetration within this specific industry will include:
- Hands-on business development, sales and/or account management for select clients in the Life Sciences field.
- Coordination of specific product management and marketing activities geared towards this industry. Proposing new solutions to meet client needs
- The Business Development Manager will take part in the overall definition and the execution of the commercial business strategy and the realization of our customer’s objectives and goals.
- Must be willing to travel to domestic and international customers, as well as other OOH divisions (50 to 70%)
- This position will report into the Chief Marketing Officer as well as have dotted lines to each of the divisional GMs.
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurances
- Short- & Long-Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, to start
- 13 paid company holidays
- 401(k) program with company match
OOH is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.